Monday 25 January 2010

Things I hate...



I hate many things. I hate it when a pen runs out and it doesn't get thrown in the bin. I hate goatees. I hate liars. People who lie about what they have, what they don't have, about things they've done and things they haven't done. I hate falseness in general. I hate shit telly; cooking shows with boring ass chefs, 'Cash in the Attic' especially, where people sell all their cool stuff for like £600, and rubbish quiz shows with easy questions and presenters with impossibly white teeth. Some times its okay though. I hate it when things that should work don't; computers, toasters, pencil sharpeners. These small failures irritate me something terrible. I hate it when buses come early (they come early more frequently than you would think) and I really hate it when people are late and make me wait (although it must be stated that I'm the late one most of the time). I hate baths that are too hot, bad breath, especially turkey breath, and when my pint is pulled without a head. I hate it when Liverpool lose and Manchester United win, but I hate the fact I'm meant to hate people from Manchester? I hate Christian Evangelists. They scare me a hell of a lot. I hate all religious extremists for that matter. I consider religious people to be mentally ill to some degree.

I hate racism, its just completely dumb and archaic. I hate cheap profiteroles. I hate microwaved meals and tinned sweetcorn. People are lazy man. I hate biting my lip, literally and figuratively, ill fitting suites and rudeness. I hate people who profess to have a passion for something, but actually enjoy the image associated with said thing, more than the thing itself. I hate followers. Followers of trends, scenes, fashions. Unless they really have a love for the trends that they're following of course. This isn't usually the case though. I hate standing on plugs. I hate the fact that I still avoid standing on cracks in the pavement. I'm 22 and not superstitious at all, why do I still do this? I hate Uri Gellar, Benny Hinn and Richard Littlejohn. I also hate Ben Fogel, the big, smug prick. Although my mum tells me he's actually alright on Countryfile.

I hate it that people think its cool not to read. They cannot be for real, can they? I hate politicians that lie all the time. I hate boring girls that have no interests and wear too much make-up. Why do they think it is attractive to be stupid? It really isn't. I hate unambitious, unadventurous people. I hate people who make judgements without finding out for themselves. I hate narrow mindedness. I hate it when people are tight, and people who are negative...all the time. I hate shaved eyebrows on men, and when people wear glasses and don't medically need them. Whats that all about? I hate pretentiousness. I also hate overly branded clothing, especially the Louis Vitton pattern. Revolting. I hate Abercrombie and Fitch, All Saints and Cult. Terrible clothing outlets. However I simultaneously hate that people judge others based on the clothes they wear. Very superficial. I hate it when people say that Eastenders is better than Coronation Street.

I hate it that traffic wardens operate on commission, that John Lennon died when he did, and dust. Dust makes me sneeze. I hate that the majority of people don't care about stuff like politics, history or the environment, but they really care about something their sisters boyfriend may or may not have said about them last week. I hate it when old people think they're right because they're older. Older definitely doesn't mean wiser. I hate it when the timetable at the bus stop has been defaced, or completely removed for that matter. I hate it when fungus has grown on a perfectly good looking block of cheese and men who own big horrible dogs. Just because your dog is hard doesn't mean you are mate. I hate silver service. I hate formalities. I hate the fact that there are no answers in life; just questions. However I love this mysteriousness in equal measure. I hate wasting time, I hate hamsters, I hate onions. I hate it when people get on the train without first letting you off. Wankers. I hate it when liberals are so left with their ideas that they are no longer in the real world. I hate corruption. I hate war. I hate corrupt war. Is there any other kind though? I hate the thought of spiders crawling up my leg when I' in bed. I hate the way I always misplace train tickets, and keys. Argh, I hate so many things.


But most of all, more than anything else, I hate the fact I have to die one day, and that I wont be able to hate anything anymore.




2 comments:

Rob White said...

Brilliant, so many truths. With the manner in which its written, I cant help but read it in the style of George Carlin, which in itself is testimony to both your writing and your comedy. (Already better than Jimmy Carr!)

Jonny Turto said...

Nice one Robbie la, just noticed this message...nearly 2 years later!? George Carlin hey, high praise, fuckin legend. Thanks for reading anyway man.